Roger Federer:US Open 2010: wind no issue for Roger Federer who could serve in his sleep

Roger Federer has had no problems with his service game despite the gusty conditions in New York Photo: REUTERS

The No 2 seed remains on track for a seventh final appearance at Flushing Meadows and has not been fazed by the gusting winds which have affected the second week of the final grand slam of the season in New York.

Federer fired down 18 aces and connected with 64 per cent of first serves and hit 36 winners as he thrashed Soderling 6-4, 6-4, 7-5 to set-up a semi-final showdown with Novak Djokovic.

Related Articles

*
Federer hammers Soderling
*
Novak Djokovic into last four
*
Wozniacki reaches semi-finals
*
Vera Zvonareva marches on
*
Clijsters to face Venus
*
Nadal marches into last eight

The 16-time grand slam champion played down the "tough conditions" before adding: "I've practiced my serve a whole lot my whole career. If I can't serve in the wind I've got a problem. You can wake me up at 2 or 4 in the morning I can still hit serves."

Soderling, who was beaten by Federer in the quarter-finals last year as well, said he was affected by the gusty conditions.

"I didn't put so many first serves in because of the wind," said Soderling, who connected on 57 per cent of first serves.

"He served really good. He was brushing the lines at times, which is not easy in weather like this. He served much better than me.

"He's a good wind player," Soderling said. "He moves well. He's always in the right places."



Roger Federer
Roger Federer
Roger Federer
Roger Federer
Roger Federer

No comments:

Post a Comment