Serena Williams Top Pictures 2010

The Serena William vs. Kim Clijsters US Open 2009 semi-final match ended dramatically after Serena Williams’ unacceptable outburst at a line judge.

Williams, 27, was serving at 5-6, 15-30 in the second set and faulted on her first serve. On the second serve, a line judge called a foot fault, making it a double-fault, which made the score 15-40, putting Kim Clijsters one point from victory.

Williams then turned to the lineswoman and began yelling and cursing.

The tennis player reportedly said: “I swear to God I’m… going to take this… ball and shove it down your… throat, you hear that? I swear to God.”

The judge claims the Grand Slam champ threatened to kill her during the incident.

“I didn’t threaten (her). I didn’t say…I don’t remember anymore, to be honest. I was in the moment. And, you know, everyone’s fighting for every point. It was a really crucial
point, 15-30, actually.”

Serena Williams
Serena Williams
Serena Williams
Serena Williams
Serena Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment