Anti aging vitamins are those vitamins that slow down or delay the process of aging.
Aging is inevitable. All humans are destined to become old after a particular biological age. No one can escape aging. But the desire to look young and beautiful with a glowing skin is something that everyone longs for. This desire is especially strong in women. In this era of hectic lifestyle, poor dietary habits and stressed-out work environment, many men and women suffer from early aging. Appearance of fine lines around the eyes, on the forehead, has become quite common in young people from the age of 20s.
Vitamins are tiny compounds required in small quantities by your body. They carry out many vital biochemical functions. They act as hormones, mediators of cell signaling, regulators of cell and tissue growth differentiation, and antioxidants. Your body is not able to make vitamins in sufficient quantities, and so it is very necessary to obtain them from outside food sources.
Science supports the fact that vitamins play an important role in anti aging, or in more clear words, in delaying the process of aging. Sufficient intake of vitamins gives your body, especially your skin, a shine, tonicity and youthfulness. Vitamins do it all, because they are responsible for many physiological roles. Out of a number of vitamins, the following few play major role in anti aging. These vitamins are commonly referred to as anti aging vitamins for skin. These vitamins form the basis of anti aging wrinkle creams and anti aging face creams.
Roles of Major Anti Aging Vitamins for Skin
Vitamin B3 (Niacin)
- Helps in the conversion of calories from fat, proteins and carbohydrates into energy.
- Boosts digestive system.
- Promotes health of the nerves and skin.
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
- Increases function of the brain.
- Is necessary for the conversion of proteins into energy.
- Is responsible to involve other vitamins that promote healthy cells for proper cell rejuvenation.
Vitamin E (Tocopherol)
- It improves your skin's resistance to UV damage.
- Acts as antioxidants, which helps your body of harmful toxins that reduce the effects of your anti-aging efforts.
Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid)
- Is important in repairing free radicals, and prevents them from accelerating the aging process.
- Boosts healthy diet.
- Strengthens immune system.
- Plays the role of an antioxidant.
- Know to prevent degenerative diseases such as osteoporosis and heart diseases.
- Reduces damage to heart valves.
- Regulates the flow of calcium out of the arteries and directs it into the bones.