Enrique Iglesias sparked a slew of breakup rumors when he told Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet that he and Anna Kournikova had been secretly married

Enrique Iglesias and Anna Kournikova

Anna Kournikova

Lost in translation? Enrique Iglesias sparked a slew of breakup rumors when he told Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet that he and Anna Kournikova had been secretly married – and were now divorced.

“We’re divorced. I am single now, but that’s okay,” he told the newspaper. “I don’t mind being alone.”

But a Kournikova pal tells People mag that Iglesias was only joking, and his rep adds that, after five years, “They are still together.”

In 2004, rumors circulated that the singer and the Russian tennis player, 25, had tied the knot in a secret ceremony in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, but a source told People at the time that it wasn’t true.

Just last month, Iglesias, 32, told People en EspaƱol his romance with Kournikova, 25, was “the only serious relationship I’ve had in my life.”

But when asked if he sees himself with her down the road, he said: “I don’t know. The only thing I can say is that, in my opinion, Anna, whether we are together or not, would be an ideal mother.”

No comments:

Post a Comment