Jojoba oil is a pure and natural plant extract produced in the seed of the jojoba tree that is native to Southern Arizona, Southern California and Northern Mexico.
Though this botanical liquid extract is commonly referred to as “oil,” jojoba oil is technically a liquid wax ester that is very similar to the properties of human skin oil (sebum).
Translation: putting jojoba oil on your face, especially if you are prone to oily to combo skin, means that you can “trick” your human skin into producing less oil, thus reducing your face’s shiny appearance without extra layers of make-up that can further aggravate your sensitive skin.
In addition to helping your face with oil control, jojoba oil can also be used for your hair and the rest of the body. Here are 7 common uses of jojoba oil:
* As a nightly facial moisturizer. Using jojoba oil during the day may make your face extra-shiny while the jojoba oil works its magic. Many users like to use the jojoba oil overnight by applying a few drops to their night-time moisturizer or using it on its down by spreading a few drops over face and neck.
Many acne sufferers have also claimed that regular use of jojoba oil has helped decrease their break-outs.
* As an after-shower body moisturizer. Spread a few drops of jojoba oil on your hands, feet and other skin areas so your body doesn’t get dry after stepping out of the shower.
* As makeup remover. Jojoba oil can be used to take off facial make-up, and is gentle enough for removing eye makeup as well. Apply a few drops of jojoba oil to a cotton pad and gently wipe make-up and mascara off your eye area and face.
* As a lip balm. Apply to lips as you would with regular lip balm to treat your dried, chapped lips.
* As dried cuticle treatment. Treat your dried cuticles around your fingernails with some jojoba oil.
* As hair treatment. Apply jojoba oil to the ends of your hair cuticles, or add a few drops to your regular conditioner after shampooing.
* As a shaving prepper. Whether you are shaving your face or legs, applying jojoba oil on your skin before applying shaving cream will prep your skin for a smoother shave and leave super-soft skin when you are done.